Friday 18 November 2011

How to tie a real nappy - origami style


Once I had the nappies delivered and had them washed (to allow for shrinkage of the bamboo material), I was left with the next mission – how to tie a real nappy. 

Luckily my mother was on hand and armed with a teddy bear my husband and I tackled the origami fold.   Although we had mastered putting the teddy bear in a nappy we knew that a wriggling son would be a challenge. 

I know that the origami fold will soon be too small to use for my son, so I carried out some internet research. 

Once again the website Twinkle Twinkle came up trumps with a useful guide on how to nappy.  The guide covers everything from how to tie a nappy to what contents to expect in your nappy and how best to deal with them!

Other useful websites I have found are:

I have found the easiest thing to do is pre fold the nappies as soon as they have been washed and dried and then roll the wings around the bulk of the nappy and store them in a draw below the changing mat ready to go. 

Wish me luck on learning the next nappy tying technique! I will let you know how I get on…

No comments:

Post a Comment