Friday 9 September 2011

A pain free home birth



My son was born into this world nine weeks ago.  He arrived in the peaceful setting of my childhood bedroom with my family and other animals looking on.  

I had a beautiful home birth assisted by two amazing private midwives,


I spent my short labour exchanging nappy tying techniques with Erika and listening to the James Bond theme soundtrack, which my husband in his infinite wisdom, thought might encourage me to push. 

We only just made the birthing pool in time and fortunately managed to dissuade a curious cat from falling into the birth pool.  

Our home birth was everything I could have hoped for and baby son arrived within 4 hours without the need for any pain relief other than the achieved from the birth pool. 

Looking back at my NCT classes I was sad that the advantages of having a home birth were not discussed.

In fact I felt alone in my desire to experience a home birth.

If it had not been for the original encouragement of my mother, who had a home birth with my younger brother, I don't think I would have even considered it.

It has certainly sparked my desire in my quest to become a natural born mother.

2 comments: